greatest hubby ever!

Well that might be an over statement. But he is wonderful. For my birthday ( he gave it to me a week early) he bought me an Otte floor lamp. Can you believe it! I've been wanting one of these forever. The silly man forgot to take the price sticker off and I seen how much he paid for it. ONLY 40$!! It was in the clearance aisle at walmart. Can you believe that! I think it's cheap, the other one I seen at Joann's was like 80$ Here is a picture of the lamp in the box. I used it for the first time this morning and Loved it. Anyone else have an Otte
lamp?






I finished the back stitching on bath time by DMC. I just love how the back stitching brought the piece to life. I'm going to frame this myself and hang it in boo's room. His room is a catch all for my stitching. If I have no where in the house to put it, (doesn't fit my room theme) then I just hang it on his walls. He loves starring at my work for some reason. Here is a final picture of it. I still need to add my name and date to the picture. Just haven't decided where to put them.


I have a little over a week before Brandon's birthday party. I'm hoping the weather stays nice and we can have it in the back yard. I have a fenced in back yard. I think we are just going to have cake and ice cream. Nothing special, invite the family over, let the little ones play and the adults can have some conversation. I don't know yet. Have to wait and see what the paychecks are like. I worked my butt off this weekend, pulled 3 12 hour shifts, and then I went in yesterday on my day off and worked 5 hours. So I should be into over time now, hoping to do some more 12's this weekend. Thank goodness I love my job or I don't know what I'd do. Keith and I have still been fighting over the house work. I don't think I should have to do all of the cleaning if I'm working so many hours a week, he gets to sit home and do nothing but take care of Brandon. He thinks if he does the laundry he doesn't have to do anything else. Must be a man thing. LOL


I gotta get off here. Beth the help me grow lady is on her way over. I totally forgot about her coming today. I gotta get Brandon a bath before she gets here. LOL


Thanks for visiting my blog and thank you so much for the comments!






10 comments:

Velda said...

Happy Birthday :) I have a similar to ott light lamp and love it! That's a GREAT deal!

Kendra said...

That's a great birthday present!

Mine's not an Ott brand, but I have a daylight lamp that I've become quite attached to. So much so that I bought a portable Ott light on clearance at Hancock's awhile back to use for travel. It's gotten to where I can't stitch without some real light.

Julie said...

Fantastic birthday pressie, well done hubby!
Bathtime looks great, the backstitch sure does make it look wonderful.

Tammy said...

I used to have a lamp similar to an Ott Light, but no longer since it broke. I really need to replace it, especially living in the condo for the next 4 months. The lighting ridiculously bad, so bad in fact I can hardly stitch at home.

Good luck with figuring out what is going to work best with regards to housework while you're working so much. That is a tough one!

Have with the birthday party whatever you decide to do. Getting together with family is fun, for the most part. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, A daylight lamp is on my list for xmas mine so old now,
Love the bathtime x-stitch wonderfull stitching.
Take care

Unknown said...

happy early birthday! and congrats on the finish its beautiful like i knew it would be...is there a boy version to it you should do that too and have a lovely matching pair!

Michele said...

what a great birthday present! That was so nice of your hubby :)

Carla said...

Lovely finish!!! And great birthday gift!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Becca. I have an Ott floor lamp, and also 2 Ott table lamps (the fold-up ones). I don't know how I would stitch without them!

omashee aka Barb said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful hubby you have! Can I borrow him? I do have an Ott light, just a small desk style, and I love it! Also love your Bath Time. The back stitching makes it pop.